“The school where the Spirit is refined”
SEISHIN KAN is an Organization of Martial Arts dedicated to the dissemination and teaching of Budo. Founded on May 1, 1987, by Master Osvaldo Rodriguez, who has devoted his whole life to training, researching and teaching the Martial Arts as a philosophy of life for growth and human development. Currently, with 30 years of existence is constituted in an organization in its own right, with representatives and offices in Europe, the United States and South America.
Seishin Kan was recognized by Okinawa Japan through Grand Master Angi Uezu and from 1992 to 2017 it worked hard on the essential principles of the Isshin Ryu Karate & Kobudo under his direction.
Seishin has his bases in the systematic practice of Okinawan war arts, which in the modern era have become systems of the integral evolution of the human being through the practice of Budō (武 道). This corresponds to the term that encompasses the technical knowledge of contemporary Japanese / Okinawan martial arts and a certain set of ethical norms that govern the behaviour of its practitioners in a similar way to what Bushido (武士道) represented for samurai warriors.
Seishin uses this systematic practice as a way of overcoming and developing its practitioners in its three stages: Body – Mind and Spirit (Shin-Gi-Tai).
The Kanjis that make up the idea and true feeling of SEISHIN are translated as follows:
SEI: refined, pure authentic.
SHIN: whose meaning is related to spirit. soul, with the superior mind.
The work of our school is constantly oriented and sustained in Seishin philosophy, based on three very important and deep oriental concepts
- The Wabi Sabi (侘 寂): imperfect but happy.
- Ichi Go Ichi E (一期一会): every moment is unique.
- Zen Spirit: the moment is now
Consolidating these concepts, Seishin Kan can be translated as “The School where the Spirit is refined”, through a disciplined practice for our body, systematic for our mind, and hard for our spirit.
SEISHINKAN BUDO: OUR INSTITUTIONAL VISION & MISSION
Seishinkan aims to become a recognised and distinguished martial arts organization, nationally and internationally, for the high standards in human, technical and professional quality of all its members. Due to its unique way of contributing to the integral development of human beings through the systematic practice of karate and related arts, its objective is to rescue, revalue and validate the deep educational and formative roots that make Karate and Kobudo of Okinawa unique and that has been transmitted through generation in generation up to our hands.
In addition to preserving the roots of Okinawa’s traditional arts, the central commitment of Seishinkan is to contribute to the integral development of the human being using the Oriental Martial Arts as the main tool due to its high philosophical and formative content, rescued decades ago by the Okinawan masters and preserved until today by thousands of dedicated practitioners around the world.
- Maintain the legacy of all masters who represent the purest essence of Okinawa karate and kobudo, related martial arts and specifically the Isshin Ryu founded by Master Shinkishi “Tatsuo” Shimabukuro.
- Promote the codes and principles of Master Shimabukuro.
- Rescue the high value and philosophical content of the Okinawan Martial Arts and apply them to the formal and non-formal education system.
- Use the Karate-Do & Kobudo as a valid way of integral education of the movement, delivering a new alternative and field of study for the sciences of physical activity.
- Provide space and support to any organization and/or school that promotes the values and principles of Okinawan Karate-Do and related Martial Arts.
- Establish networks and alliances with different organizations of Oriental Martial Arts, national and international and contribute in this way to the enrichment of the practitioners of our organization.
- Nurture constantly our students of different knowledge concerning the practice of Karate-Do Isshin Ryu, oriented towards the maximum theoretical and technical development of all Seishinkan students.
- Provide opportunities for professional development, through the training of instructors capable of successfully performing the teaching of karate and kobudo as a physical activity.
- Provide to parents and guardians who trust in our children’s project, an alternative to support the school education process of their children through the regular and systematic practice of Karate & Kobudo.
- Provide support to formal and non-formal education organizations that decide to incorporate the practice of martial arts into their educational curriculum as a way to contribute to the integral education of their students.
- Stimulate and generate in our students the ability to transfer the Dojo’s learning to everyday life.
- Deliver practical tools for personal development
- Nurture your students of solid philosophical foundations that contribute to the search of a personal path of grow.
We invite you to learn more about our school and the celebration of the 30th anniversary last 2017 with a historical and photographic review in the article entitled “SEISHINKAN BUDO SCHOOL, 30th ANNIVERSARY: Research & Historical Perspective”