Born in the city of Concepcion, Chile, Diego Rodriguez Inzunza sensei has professional studies in the area of Education, Physical Activity, Sports and Martial Arts.
With almost 26 years of practise in Isshinryu Karate & Kobudo, martial arts have been a pillar and tool of tremendous value throughout the full development and growth of the author.
His professional and academic studies were developed at San Sebastian University, Chile, in the field of Education, motor skills development, physical activity and sports training. Strongly oriented towards the maintenance of health, it’s at this stage that the definitive link with the practise, research and teaching of martial arts is established in a professional way.
In 2013 he obtained the academic degree of Bachelor in Education and a year later the professional title of Physical Education Teacher.
Parallel to his academic life, the author develops a successful career as a karate athlete, representing his university in multiple championships at regional, national and international level (highlighting the World Okinawan Rengokai Karate & Kobudo World Karate championships, held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2010). This trajectory earned him a sports scholarship and winner for three consecutive years of the SAN SEBASTIAN SPIRIT AWARD, awarded by the university to those outstanding students who develop their academic and sports life in a successful way.
Being the captain of the university’s karate team, along with his teammates they obtain important achievements in diverse competitions, placing their university at the top places at local level.
The high level of commitment, sacrifice and transmission of core values are some of the most outstanding characteristics highlighted by his teammates and that led him to consolidate as an important leader who contributed to reaching several goals in the sports, academic and later in their professional lives.
In 2013, the Seishinkan Budo School orgsanisation, still having links with the Okinawa Isshin Ryu Karate & Kobudo (OIKKA) founded by the Grand Master Angi Uezu, receives for the third time the visit of the current president, Master Christopher Chase and Diego Rodriguez Sensei is summoned to present the rank test for Yon Dan (4th dan Black Belt) in what was a historical event for the Seishinkan organization: 9 students presented examination for Shodan, one student for Sandan and one for Yon Dan.
As is tradition and complying with the standards of the Seishinkan Budo School organisation, Diego sensei develops the research up to then, more relevant to his professional career and as Karate practitioner: “Necessity and relevance of a sustained martial arts organisations leadership“, which, based on literature and other contemporary research, installs a new perspective and horizons of logistical and organisational growth.
In the strictly practical, after more than two hours presenting the entire technical program for the respective rank, the commission chaired by Master Christoper Chase and integrated at that time by Osvaldo Rodriguez Sensei, Ivan Parra Sensei and Carlos Alvear Sensei, grant the Yon Dan and the title of Menkyo or “Certified Karate Instructor” to the author.
In July 2014, Diego Sensei makes a tour to Sweden to begin to visualise the future of the organisation in Scandinavia. A group is established and training is developed 3 times a week for three months. This would be the beginning of the project that currently has occupied the author.
Two months later, in the framework of an OIKKA tour (organization in which the author was still an active member), Diego Sensei travels to England to participate in the technical seminar dictated by the current president of the organization, Master Christopher Chase.
A few years later, in the middle of 2016, Diego sensei, as part of a personal project, moves to Copenhagen Denmark and establish contact as a representative of Seishinkan, with Lars Andersen Sensei, active researcher of the martial arts, director of Joshinkan Isshin Ryu and representative of Tokushin Ryu Kobudo and WUIKA for Europe.
After several conversations, there arises the concern and need to deepen the study and practice of Okinawa Kobudo, and thus Diego sensei makes official his entry to the Tokushinryu Kobudo Organization in Europe, initiating an intensive and arduous process of training under the guidance of Jan Overgaard Sensei, 3th dan in Tokushinryu Kobudo and 4th dan in Goju Ryu IOGKF, which continues to the present day.
In August 2016, Diego Sensei travels to the USA to participate in the first OIKKA World Karate Championship, Allentown NJ. where he reaches the first place in empty hand Kata and Kobudo Kata.
Closing the year 2016, Diego sensei participates as representative of Seishinkan in the kata seminar dictated by Uechi Tsuyoshi Sensei, hosted by the organization Joshinkan Denmark and Lars Andersen Sensei.
During three days training sessions were carried out focused on the basic technical aspects, katas and their respective bunkai.
In September of 2017, moves to Stockholm Sweden, to begin the process of opening the first Seishinkan Dojo in Europe, and in November of that year, he is sent to Romania as a representative of WUIKA (World United Isshinryu Karate Organization) Tokushinryu and Seishinkan Europe, to carry out a tour of several dojos conducting seminars and activities with the sole objective of supporting the development and expansion of Isshinryu in that country and the region.
In March 2018 and as part of the TOKUSHINRYU EUROPE WINTER CAMP in Copenhagen, Denmark, Diego Sensei was promoted to 2nd dan in Tokushinryu Kobudo and managed to carry out an extraordinary participation in the 2nd TOKUSHINRYU CUP, where he reached the podium in the first place.
In August of the same year, he traveled to Okinawa together with the Seishinkan team lead by Osvaldo Rodriguez sensei, to represent Chile in the “1st Okinawa Karate International Tournament” and take part in the series of seminars dictated by the highest authorities of the Karate & Kobudo in Okinawa.
In this opportunity and after several trainings carried out during three weeks, Diego sensei was promoted to 5th dan, Renshi Go, in Okinawa Traditional Isshinryu (Click here to review the article)
- Continues to systematically develop his training at Isshinryu Karate & Tokushinryu Kobudo in Stockholm, Sweden and research
- CurrentSeishinkan Budo School Europe , Tokushinryu Kobudo & Okinawa Isshinryu Karate representative in Sweden
- In the process of consolidating the opening of the first Seishinkan Dojo in Stockholm Sweden, which aims to be the base in Europe from which the project of our organisation will continue to be developed and become the official training place of Isshinryu & Tokushinryu Kobudo in the country.
- Recently invited as a Isshinryu Technical Advisor to be part of the WUIKA Europe Shihankai (technical council) .
- Isshinryu Technical Advisor for George Craciunescu Sensei & Alex Covasa Sensei, Isshinryu representatives in Romania. Trabajando actualmente en el desarrollo y consolidation de diversos proyectos orientados al intercambio de practicantes de Isshinryu entre Europa y Sudamerica.
- Personal Trainer, fitness advisor, physical activity and sports at the Pulse & Traning fitness company in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Physical Education & Sports Teacher in the Internationella Engelska Skolan, Älvsjö since 2018
- Preparing the final details for the “Tokushinryu & WUIKA Europe South America – Chile Tour 2018 – 2019″, which will feature two members of the organization in Europe traveling to Chile to participate in a series of activities for a month.
THE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE DEVELOPMENT INCLUDES:
- Personal Trainer and Fitness Advisor in the Swedish fitness company Pulse & Träning in Stockholm, Sweden. 2018 – 2019.
- Personal Trainer between 2016 and 2018 for one of the largest Danish fitness companies in the country Fitness DK (currently SATS Denmark).
- Formulating and executing projects for the CYS WORLDSPORTS company, aimed at the development of human capital in the business environment of the Bio Bio state, Chile.
- Responsible for formulating and executing the development project of formative karate for children and youth for the organization Seishinkan Budo School South America.
- Between 2010 and 2016 as a Physical Education and Sports Teacher, he takes part as a team leader in the annual summer camps for the Estadio Español Chiguayante Recreational & Sports company in Concepcion, Chile.
- Between 2013 and 2016 he takes part of the Llacolen Sport Center, Health & Physical Activity Team, implementing and developing several programs oriented toward the injury prevention, sports rehabilitation, metabolic activation and sport performance optimization in several athletes and audience in general.
- Guide in several generic skills workshops, focused on effective communication, leadership and human capital development, focused on medium and small companies.
- Between 2010 and 2016, Physical Trainer of several athletes in the Bio Bio State, Chile.
- Head Coach of the Seishinkan Budo School karate team, Chile.